Become a Member!
Membership is a way for dancers to help the Ottawa dances grow and thrive. Through membership, dancers not only support the financial aspects of contra dancing in Ottawa but also the social and organizational aspects as they are able and interested.
Advantages of being a member:
- $2 off every regular contra dance, special afternoons, and our Tuesday series (just not family dances!).
- Ottawa contra dance name button that you can wear at our dances or when you travel to dance weekends.
- Business cards to pass out to friends or folks you meet who might be interested.
- Contributing to the vibrancy of contra dancing in Ottawa. :)
There are two levels of membership (which include HST):
- Regular level for $35 ($25 after Jan 1st, 2019), and
- Sustaining level for $55, if you really like what Ottawa Contra is doing and wish to give us a little extra financial support. (No extra deals on the sustaining membership other than supporting what we do.)
No matter which level membership suits you, we are very happy to have you join!
How to become a member:
- Download the membership form here OR fill one out at a dance.
- Pay by cash or cheque at the dance, or by cheque if you want to mail your membership in. Cheques should be made payable to 'Old Sod Folk Music Society' with the name of the member joining clearly marked on the cheque. If you are mailing your cheque, send it to Catherine Burns, 23 Warren Ave, Ottawa ON, K1Y 0R9.
Membership covers September 2018 to August 2019.
You may also want to consider buying a season pass, which includes membership. More information about this option is available on our Season Pass page.
Members are often volunteers too. Want to know more about volunteering? Then check out our Volunteer page.